The GEAR AID Cure Accelerator makes urethane adhesives including Seam Grip WP, Aquaseal FD and Aquaseal SR cure faster and it preps slick surfaces for better bonding. The solvent cleans and prepares the surface, readying it for urethane adhesives. It speeds the tack time to 15 minutes and the full cure time to less than two hours. Cure Accelerator is also ideal for removing tar, sap, glue, and other resins from various surfaces including glass, plastic and metal.
Shake Cure Accelerator for 30 seconds before use to blend the thickening agent and return to its liquid state. For easiest cleanup, wear disposable rubber gloves. Read below for directions on how to use with Seam Grip WP and Aquaseal adhesives.
- Spot test in an inconspicuous spot for colorfastness. Apply a small amount to the damaged area with a brush.
- Buff thoroughly with a rag until dry, or allow to air dry.
- For fabric surfaces, apply adhesive as usual. Smooth surfaces should be roughened with sandpaper, then repeat steps 1 and 2.
- If a white film appears after Cure Accelerator dries, remove with soap, water and a sponge.
AS CURE ACCELERATOR:
- Mix 1 part Cure Accelerator to 3-4 parts Seam Grip WP, Aquaseal FD or Aquseal SR using a stick, toothpick, or knife. Mix thoroughly on a non-absorbent surface such as plastic.
- Immediately apply the mixture to the damaged area.
- Keep repaired area level and cure at least 2 hours before using. Test before use.
STORAGE: Cap tightly. Store in cool, dry place.
Why is the Cure Accelerator Cloudy or Hard?
To comply with child safety laws in the State of California, a thickening agent was added to the 1/2 oz. bottle of Cure Accelerator. Before using the Cure Accelerator, shake the bottle for at least 30 seconds. The new formula should not affect bonding. However, if used as a pre-cleaner, the thick version Cure Accelerator will leave a white film. You can remove this by wiping with a soapy sponge. Water alone will not work.