PRODUCT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Our unique brush applicator allows the user to easily apply Seam Sure into needle holes, sewn joints, corners and under lap-felled and folded seams.
- Clean and dry all surfaces.
- Remove old seam sealer with stiff bristle brush and isopropyl alcohol.
- Shake well before use.
- Remove inner foil and pull brush top open.
- Squeeze bottle gently and apply a thin, even film to stitching on coated side of fabric (or inside of item).
- Use brush to work into needle holes, sewn joints, corners and under lap-felled and folded seams.
- Clean drips and excess with damp cloth.
- Allow to fully dry before use or folding – minimum two (2) hours at room temperature or longer if colder. Test for dryness before use.
Once cured, Seam Sure may have a surface tack. You can alleviate this tackiness by adding talcum or baby powder. Sprinkle the powder on the cured adhesive and you should no longer have any issues with the seams sticking to one another.
Perimeter seams on ‘seam taped’ tents are not factory sealed and require sealing. Apply a thin film of Seam Sure to inside floor seams. Allow drying overnight.
Use Seam Sure to seal areas that regularly leak, such as stakeout points at corners.
To seal the seams on your rainfly, set it up inside out for easier application. Attach the rainfly to the tent so all seams are taut.
Close brush top and wash bristles with soap and water immediately after use. Stiff bristles may be loosened with lacquer thinner. Store in cool, dry place.
Originally Published: Mar 2, 2011