Tenacious Tape™ Reflective Tape by Gear Aid® is a reflective fabric tape that allows you to add reflectivity to fabric and non-fabric surfaces. This safety marking utilizes glass bead reflective technology to reflect light. In addition, Tenacious Tape Reflective meets the ANSI/ISEA 107 standard for high-visibility safety apparel as required by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). The ultra-aggressive adhesive sticks to almost any surface without peeling, so you can stay visible and add reflectivity to all your favorite items.
We recommend the following for application:
1) Begin by cleaning the application area with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or body oils which may prevent a good bond. Trim any loose threads.
2) Cut out your desired shape.
3) Apply the Tenacious Tape Reflective patch with finger pressure.
4) Smooth out any bubbles and ensure the edges lay flat. The adhesive will reach full strength after 24 hours.
WHAT DOES IT STICK TO:
Tenacious Tape Reflective Tape is best applied to the following material types:
- Bicast Leather (PU Leather)
- Non-Oiled Leather
- Vinyl Plastic (PVC)
- EVA Plastic
- PET Plastic
- OPP Plastic
- Safety marking for vehicles, bikes, clothing, backpacks, helmets, boats, footwear, pet accessories and more
- 3" x 20" strip (60 square inches)
- Glass bead white reflective fabric
- Ultra-agressive adhesive can be applied with finger pressure
- Grid backing allows for straight lines when cutting
- Reflective tape can be moved or repositioned within 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue
- Sticks to almost any surface
- Optimal operating temperature for initial adhesion = 50~104°F (10~40ºC)
- Performs well in both wet and dry condition
- Meets ANSI/ISEA 107 standard for high-visibility safety apparel as required by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Machine washable
HOW TO REMOVE BACKING:
We recommend using a pin or paperclip to gently pry one end of the tape from the backing. You can also try flicking your thumb in an upward motion on the side of the tape, which typically helps lift the tape from the backing. Last, you can also try tearing a small corner.
STORAGE & CARE:
Place unused portion in container or bag and store in cool, dry place.
Originally Published: Aug 5, 2015