Under the direction of supervision from a manager or lead, this position performs a variety of manufacturing and production functions in support of company operations including bottle filling, assembly of raw materials into finished goods, labelling, packaging and quality control.
- Assemble goods on production line
- Monitor the production Process
Carry out basic quality and testing checks
Store goods and raw materials properly in warehouse
Use lifting equipment and forklift trucks to fulfil orders
Pack goods to be shipped
Maintain work areas and equipment
Takes personal responsibility for the training received and the immediate execution of newly acquired skills
Work independently with a sense of urgency and maintain adequate pace
Provide training as needed to production department employees and / or temp staff
Perform other tasks as directed by the Warehouse Manager or Production Leads
Demonstrates an understanding of and supports companywide continuous improvement initiatives through ideas and participation
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the business
Production Lead: In this role, the production operator will report to and take direction from the production Lead. This role requires an individual to readily and positively accept feedback as the company is always focused on process improvement and maximum output.
Material Handling Lead: Work with Material Handling Lead when needed to ensure raw materials are in place for production schedule in a timely manner.
- Shipping Lead: Work with Shipping Lead while working in shipping zone to meet fulfilment deadlines.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced warehouse environment
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong eye for detail and quality
- Competence in mathimatics, current warehouse technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Self-motivated / Responsible / Dedicated to continuous improvement
- Clear communicator / Provides fast and accurate information to cross functional teams
- Detail oriented / Committed to accurate and complete work
- Hard worker / Strong individual contributor
- Positive attitude / Supportive team member
- Prompt / Able to adhere to deadlines
- Organized / Keeps a clean and well managed work area
- Must be able to lift 50lbs independently
- Safety conscious
- Manufacturing machinery experience is a plus: blister card, labelling machine, and bottle filling, peddle operated devices etc.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Pragmatic, tenacious, with attention to detail.
- Self-starter / problem solver
- Dedicated to getting the job done, but interested in having ‘fun’ in the process
- Able to work /communicate in a culturally diverse environment
- Adaptable / able to work in fast paced environment
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum: High school graduate or GED
- This position requires and individual to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists and must have the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Required: Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in manufacturing or production environment.
- Preferred: Forklift certification, inventory management and cycle counting
- Gear Aid Inc. HQ, Bellingham, WA
Reference Job Code: GAPR2020