Under the direction of supervision from a lead or manager, this position performs a variety of warehouse functions in support of company operations including the receipt, inspection, processing and issuing of assigned goods and inventory management. This position requires consistent and efficient use of industry standard warehouse management systems (WMS) in order to ensure inventory levels are accurate and meet the needs of the business at all times. This position is required to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. This position requires the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Understand and adhere to Material Handling standard operating procedures.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by performing daily inventory accuracy inspections, cycle counts and bin replenishments.
- Perform material receiving transactions by unloading vehicles, accepting deliveries, and unpacking containers.
- Utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) and warehouse management system (WMS) software to perform material handling functions, e.g., replenishments, movements, picks, putaway, receipts etc.
- Use a handheld, mobile device to perform job functions.
- Efficient and safe use of class I and class II forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Daily forklift safety inspections.
- Identify over, short or damaged product on inbound receipts by using industry standard quality check tools and acceptable quality limits (AQL).
- Perform primary, secondary or tertiary quality inspections of inbound outbound inventory.
- Pull down/putaway componentry and finished goods for in-house and subcontractor manufacturing.
- Ensure deliveries of raw materials and finished goods are stored/stocked in designated warehouse location and overages are stocked according to ideal FIFO (first in, first out) locations.
- Prepare shipments by assembling, packing, protecting and labelling.
- Adhere to all safety government compliance protocols.
- Facilities maintenance.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Warehouse-Production Manager.
Material Handling Management Lead: In this role, the material handler will report to and take direction from the Material Handling Lead.
Production Lead: Work with Production Lead or their delegates to ensure raw materials are in place for production schedule in a timely manner and stored in a safe accessible manner. Finished goods and componentry moved in a timely manner when production lot complete.
- Shipping Lead: Work with Shipping Leads to ensure all inventory is available and replenishments are scheduled, to consistently meet customer demand without delay.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced warehouse environment and remain agile
- Strong work ethic, proactive planning and organizational skills
- Strong eye for detail, accuracy and quality
- Competence in mathematics and current warehouse technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Technical (proficient in):
- Use of current technology to perform job functions
- Operation of critical tools and machines such as sit-down and stand-up forklift
- Forklift safety inspection
- General facilities maintenance
- General knowledge of tools required to perform maintenance duties and tasks
Self-motivated / Responsible / Dedicated to continuous improvement
Clear communicator / Provides fast and accurate information to cross functional teams
- Detail oriented / Committed to accurate and complete work
- Hard worker / Strong individual contributor
- Positive attitude / Supportive team member
- Prompt / Able to adhere to deadlines
- Organized / Keeps a clean and well managed work area
- Safety conscious
- Familiar with standardized warehousing principles
- Capable user of Navision enterprise resource planning (ERP) and warehouse management system (WMS) software to perform material handling functions, e.g., replenishments, movements, picks, putaway, receipts etc.
- Use of class I and class II forklifts
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Pragmatic, tenacious, with attention to detail.
- Self-starter / Problem solver
- Dedicated to getting the job done, but interested in having ‘fun’ in the process
- Able to work / communicate in a culturally diverse environment
- Adaptable / Able to work in fast paced environment
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum: High school graduate or GED
- Forklift operator certification
- This position requires and individual to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists and must have the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Required: Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Forklift certification, inventory management and cycle counting
- Gear Aid Inc. HQ, Bellingham, WA
Reference Job Code: GAPR2020