Tenacious Tape® by GEAR AID is a repair tape that fixes rips, holes and tears in outdoor gear and fabrics. Tenacious Tape is available in 3"x 20" strips, precut hex patches, fun shapes, and 1.5 x 60" roll. The clear PVC and nylon tapes use an ultra-aggressive adhesive that stays put even after a wash. In addition, the clean-adhesive technology allows you to remove or reposition the repair tape within 72 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue. Here are some tips and best practices for using your Tenacious Tape to fix your gear and keep it out of the landfill.
We recommend the following for application:
1. Begin by cleaning the repair area with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or body oils which may prevent a good bond. Trim any loose threads.
2. Cut out a patch with rounded corners that will overlap the repair area by at least 0.5'' in all directions.
3. Apply the Tenacious Tape patch over the rip, tear or hole.
4. Smooth out any bubbles and ensure the edges lay flat. The adhesive will reach full strength after 24 hours.
5. For large holes, repeat the above steps on the opposite side of the fabric.
Special notesThe optimal operating temperature for initial adhesion is 50-104°F (10-40°C).
The adhesive reaches full strength in 24 hours and can be repositioned for up to 72 hours (we recommend repositioning sooner rather than later).
Tenacious Tape be used in conjunction with Aquaseal® adhesives for ultra strong, waterproof repairs.
What does it stick to?
Tenacious Tape is best applied to the following fabric types:
- Bicast Leather (PU Leather)
- Non-Oiled Leather
- Vinyl Plastic (PVC)
- EVA Plastic
- PET Plastic
- OPP Plastic
How to remove backing
Remove the Tenacious Tape by placing a fingernail in between the tape and the backing. If that is not an option, try flicking your thumb in an upward motion on the side of the tape, which typically helps lift the tape from the backing. Last, you can also try tearing a small corner.
Storage & care
Place unused portion in container or bag and store in cool, dry place.
The many uses of Tenacious TapeSeals leaking seams, tears, and pinholes.
Stops rips from spreading.
Acts as an abrasion resistant shield on high-wear areas.
Apply Tenacious Tape on outdoor gear including: tents, tarps, jackets, awnings, rainfly, sleeping bags, sleeping pads and air mattresses, backpacks and stuff sacks, bivy sacks, mosquito netting, rain gear, gaiters, gloves, seat cushions, soft coolers, and more!