Tenacious Tape™ Mini Repair Patches by GEAR AID® are designed specifically for down jacket repair. The unique size fits in between down baffles putting an end to leaky feathers in down puffer jackets. These mini repair patches are ready to use and come pre-cut in 1.5’’ x 2.5’’ sizes. With a convenient pocket pack and no cutting required, simply peel and stick for quick, on-the-go repairs. Ideal for small holes and tears, Tenacious Tape Mini Repair Patches offer an instant and convenient repair solution. Includes six 1.5’’ x 2.5’’ pre-cut repair patches.
We recommend the following for application:
1) Begin by cleaning the repair area with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or body oils which may prevent a good bond. Trim any loose threads.
2) Apply the Tenacious Tape Mini Repair Patch over the rip, tear or hole.
3) Smooth out any bubbles and ensure the edges lay flat. The adhesive will reach full strength after 24 hours.
WHAT DOES IT STICK TO:
Tenacious Tape is best applied to the following fabric types:
- Bicast Leather (PU Leather)
- Non-Oiled Leather
- Vinyl Plastic (PVC)
- EVA Plastic
- PET Plastic
- OPP Plastic
- Includes six 1.5’’ x 2.5’’ pre-cut repair patches
- Unique size fits in between down baffles
- Clear mini repair patch utilizes PVC fabric
- Black mini repair patch utilizes a taslan nylon fabric
- Stored in lightweight pocket pack
- Pre-cut patches are quick and easy to use, simply peel and stick
- No cutting required
- Prevents feathers from escaping down puffer jackets and fabrics
- Ultra-agressive adhesive can be applied with finger pressure
- Tape can be moved or repositioned within 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue
- Sticks to almost any surface
- Acts as an abrasion-resistant shield on high-wear areas
- Optimal operating temperature for initial adhesion = 50~104°F (10~40ºC)
- Machine washable
HOW TO REMOVE BACKING:
There is a perforation that runs down the middle of the tape. Simply fold the tape on either side of the fold and remove the backing. It is best to peel away the backing from the top of the tape where the Gear Aid logo appears.
STORAGE & CARE:
Store unused mini repair patches in pocket pack container.