Tenacious Tape Hex Patches by GEAR AID are 2.5'' hexagonal repair patches that instantly fix rips, holes and tears in outdoor gear and fabrics. Each package of Black + Clear Tenacious Tape Hex Patches includes 2 clear PVC repair patches and 2 black nylon patches, which utilize an ultra-agressive adhesive that says put no matter what. In addition, the clean-adhesive technology allows you to remove or reposition the repair patch during the first 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue.
We recommend the following for application:
1. Begin by cleaning the repair area with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or body oils which may prevent a good bond. Trim any loose threads.
2. Apply the Tenacious Tape patch over the rip, tear or hole.
3. Smooth out any bubbles and ensure the edges lay flat. The adhesive will reach full strength after 24 hours.
5. For large holes, repeat the above steps on the opposite side of the fabric.
What does it stick to?
Tenacious Tape is best applied to the following fabric types:
- Bicast Leather (PU Leather)
- Non-Oiled Leather
- Vinyl Plastic (PVC)
- EVA Plastic
- PET Plastic
- OPP Plastic
- 2.5" large hexagonal repair patches
- 1.5" small hexagonal repair patches
- Clear repair patch utilizes PVC fabric
- Black repair patch utilizes a taslan nylon fabric
- Ultra-agressive adhesive can be applied with finger pressure
- Tape can be moved or repositioned within 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue
- Sticks to almost any surface
- Can be used on silnylon for a temporary emergency field repair
- Acts as an abrasion-resistant shield on high-wear areas
- Optimal operating temperature for initial adhesion = 50~104°F (10~40ºC)
- Machine washable
How to remove backing
There is a perforation that runs down the middle of the tape. Simply fold the tape on either side of the fold and remove the backing. It is best to peel away the backing from the top of the tape where the Gear Aid logo appears.
How to remove a repair patch
Need to remove a patch? Tenacious Tape utilizes a clean-adhesive technology – meaning it shouldn’t leave behind any residue once removed.
The easiest way to remove these patches is to have the garment dry cleaned. If dry cleaning is not recommended or does not entirely remove the patch the first time, try the following:
- Warm the patch for 30 seconds using an iron set to low heat. Use moderate pressure and a circular motion to heat evenly.
- Quickly lift up an edge or corner and pull slowly but firmly across the patch. Be careful not to cause further damage to the original repair.
- After the area has cooled, remove any residual adhesive with rubbing alcohol and a terry cloth. Rub in a circular motion for at least one minute until the adhesive has lifted.
Storage & care
Place unused patches in included bag and store in cool, dry place.
Note: Tenacious Tape Hex Patches work with other GEAR AID products as well. When applying Revivex Water Repellents to repair patches, the repellent may soften the patch adhesive. In most cases, allowing the garment to dry overnight without disturbing the patch will restore adhesion.