Looking for an easy method to add some water repellency to your not so waterproof rain jacket and outerwear? Revivex Wash-In Water Repellent is just what you need.
Before applying water repellents, it is essential that you begin by cleaning jackets and technical garments with a specialized cleaner, like our Revivex Pro Cleaner. Typically, an item is unable to repel water because there is a build-up of residue, dirt, smoke or body oils. Cleaning is the first step to ensure waterproof treatment is effective. To learn more about how water repellents work, click here.
Front load washing machine
1. Select the delicate cycle with warm water and use Revivex Pro Cleaner as your detergent.
2. Add Revivex Wash-In Water Repellent (1 oz per garment) in the fabric softener department of your washing machine. Do not exceed the max fill. Do not select extra rinse.
3. Start the cycle.
4. Once cycle is completed, tumble dry on low/medium heat for maximum effectiveness.
Hand wash and soak
1. Clean your gear following the instructions and recommendations from the manufactuer, or with Revivex Pro Cleaner.
2. Once the item is clean, fill a container with enough warm water to cover the item (about a gallon).
3. Add 1 oz of Revivex Wash-In Water Repellent.
4. Submerge garment, knead to saturate all areas and soak for 10 minutes.
5. Gently wring out garment and tumble until dry on low/medium heat for maximum effectiveness.
Taking care of your gear and reviving the water repellency of it not only means staying dry outside - it means keeping your outerwear out of the landfill and in your adventures for many more years to come.