Tips for Using Tenacious Tape GORE-TEX Fabric Patches
Learn how to fix torn or punctured GORE-TEX® jackets, pants or gloves with Tenacious Tape GORE-TEX Fabric Patches. Designed for ease and durability, it’s never been easier to make water-resistant repairs to high-tech gear.
- Clean and dry area to be repaired. Remove any dirt or loose debris. Machine laundering should be avoided to keep the tear from getting larger or fraying.
- Peel off GORE-TEX Fabric Patch backing and apply to damaged area. Patch should overlap tear by 0.5" (12 mm) in all directions.
- Apply pressure from center out to eliminate air bubbles. The product can be used immediately. Adhesive will continue to strengthen over the next 12 to 24 hours.
- After the patch has been applied, tumble the garment in a dryer for 30 minutes on regular setting or warm the patch with an iron.
- Set the iron to medium or permanent-press heat. Use moderate pressure and circular motion for 30 seconds to heat evenly.
TO REMOVE THE PATCH
The easiest way to remove the GORE-TEX Fabric Patch is to have the garment dry cleaned. If dry cleaning does not entirely remove the patch the first time, then try the following steps:
- Warm the patch for 30 seconds using an iron set to medium or permanent-press heat. Use moderate pressure and a circular motion to heat evenly.
- Lift up an edge or corner of the patch and pull slowly but firmly across the patch. Be careful not to make the tear larger.
- When the area has cooled, remove the adhesive residue with rubbing alcohol and a terry cloth.
- Rub in a circular motion for at least one minute until the adhesive has lifted.
- For maximum durability repairs, use with Aquaseal FD or Seam Grip WP adhesives.
- Use of spray-on water and stain repellent products will soften the patch adhesive for removal. For best results use a wash-in water repellent.
- For a more repair options, please contact 800-GORE-TEX (467-3839) for the name and phone number of a certified repair facility near you.