When it comes to adhesive selection, picking the right one can make all the difference in the success of your repair job. Let's break down which Aquaseal adhesive to use for various situations.
Aquaseal vs. Seam Grip
Aquaseal and Seam Grip are both excellent adhesives for outdoor gear repairs, but they serve slightly different purposes. Aquaseal is ideal for permanent repairs on a wide range of materials, offering superior durability and abrasion resistance, making it perfect for items like wet suits and water sports gear. On the other hand, Seam Grip specializes in waterproofing and seam sealing, making it the top choice for outerwear and tents where keeping water out is crucial. So, choose Aquaseal for tough, long-lasting fixes and Seam Grip for reliable waterproofing. This post outlines your choices for Aquaseal, but if you'd like to learn more about Seam Grip, click here.
Use Aquaseal FD when superior flexibility is necessary (i.e., wet suit repair)
Use Aquaseal UV for fast, sunlight-activated, in-field pinhole repairs
Use Aquaseal SR for superior abrasion resistance (i.e., shoe repair)
Use Aquaseal NEO for quick in-field repairs on Neoprene items
- Perfect for fixing rips, tears, and holes in wet suits, dry suits, waders, and water sports gear.
- Safe for use on both natural and synthetic fabrics, including GORE-TEX, neoprene, Hypalon, urethane, and rubber.
- Ideal for permanent repairs that can't be dissolved with solvents.
- Offers excellent abrasion resistance, making it suitable for high-wear areas.
- Provides long-term durability, excellent adhesion, and waterproofing with minimal shrinkage.
- Requires 8-12 hours to fully cure.
- Ideal for dry suits, waders, inflatables, etc
- Great for on-the-spot repairs to pinholes.
- A solvent-free repair adhesive.
- Activated by sunlight and cures in seconds.
- Designed specifically for shoe repair and restoration.
- Rebuilds worn heel and toe areas, reattaches separated soles, and creates durable toecaps.
- Safe for use on all types of footwear, including boots, athletic shoes, climbing shoes, and rollerblades.
- Offers excellent adhesion, superior waterproofing, and long-lasting flexibility with minimal shrinkage.
- Provides exceptional abrasion resistance, protecting your shoes from scuffs and scratches.
- Cures in 8-12 hours
- Useful for waterside repairs to tears in neoprene and for replacing gaskets on wet suits and dry suits that may need future removal or replacement.
- Not permanent; can be removed using solvents.
- Cures in approximately 20 minutes, making it suitable for on-the-go repairs.
Choosing the correct adhesive from Aquaseal's specialized lineup ensures durable outdoor gear repairs. With options like Aquaseal FD, UV, SR, and NEO, you're equipped to confidently tackle any repair, and feel confident outside.