PREP: Roughen damaged area with sandpaper or wire brush. Use cloth to clean area with Aquaseal FD Cure Accelerator. Repeat cleaning for best adhesion.
TAPE: For thick repairs at edge of sole or heel, place removable tape (cellophane or masking) around edge to form a dam. Double thickness of tape works best.
APPLY: Squeeze Aquaseal SR Shoe Repair Adhesive onto area to be repaired, level with a stick, toothpick or knife. Keep repair facing up and level until Aquaseal SR becomes solid. Remove tape.
DRY: Allow thin repairs to cure overnight; thick repairs 24-48 hours. Longer times may be needed in dry climates or times of low humidity such as cold winter days.
FOR 2 HOUR DRY TIME: Mix in Aquaseal FD Cure Accelerator.
Protecting Leather Uppers (Baseball, Soccer, Football, Tennis Shoes/Leather Boots)
- Dull area by roughening with sandpaper, or by cleaning with a pre-cleaner, acetone or nail polish remover.
- Mask off area to be coated, including sole edge if coating is to be extended to it. Keep area level and upright during application and curing, as for example, by cradling shoe in crumpled newspaper or box.
- Squeeze Aquaseal SR onto center or area, allow to self-level, then spread to uniform thickness with toothpick. If it flows onto tape, spread back towards center. High curvature areas may be easier when coated in sections.
- Remove tape after Aquaseal SR dries to a soft solid. Allow to cure overnight.
Repairing Sole Separations
Roughen smooth surfaces. Clean surfaces to be joined as noted above. Apply Aquaseal SR to both surfaces. Allow to dry 15 minutes. Join and hold (clamp or tape) surfaces together overnight.
Waterproofing Seams, Stitching & Welts
Clean area as noted above. Apply Aquaseal SR along seam or between sole and upper directly from tube or with toothpick.
Fixing Holes & Tears
Roughen and clean damaged area as noted above. Use removable tape to create a backing. Apply Aquaseal SR to area and 1/4" beyond. Keep level and upright until cured. Remove tape.
TO SPEED UP DRY TIME: Use Cure Accelerator. If it is not used, apply Aquaseal SR then place object into a high-humidity environment. For example, an open box covered with a damp cloth.
CLEAN-UP: To remove Aquaseal SR from hands, use cloth soaked in paint thinner, nail polish remover or isopropyl alcohol.
Many Uses of Aquaseal SR
- Re-bonding peeling soles from hiking boots, running shoes, soccer cleats, and more
- Re-bonding peeling rands from hiking, and mountaineering boots
- Rebuilding worn spots on soles of shoes and boot heels
- Making a toe cap to protect boots from abrasive terrain